Zhao Liying and Bosco Wong Casted for Queen of no.11 agent

For all the period drama fans + Zhao Liying fans, there are some big news for our girl! She is going to star in another novel adaptation to the small screen: Queen of no.11 agent. This new drama that has many names so far including Queen of no.11 agent, Chu Qiao Zhuan, 11 Chu Te Gong Huang Fei and The Legend of Chu Qiao. It will star Zhao Liying and Bosco Wong as the OTP.

With great dramas such as Legend of Luzhen, Hua Qian Gu and Cuo Dian Yuan Yang, there is no doubt ZLY will be great in another period drama. As for Bosco Wong, he recently got recognizations for his great acting on dramas such as Young Sherlock and Destinated to Love You. So far, the rest of the cast isn’t decided yet, but I bet a lot of actors/actresses will went to join this guaranteed success drama ^^

4 5 8

So far, I am really confused by the story and I may bot understand it fully. Avirtualvoyage wrote quiet a good one that you can read here. It sounds really good no? Feels like it comes directly out of the manhua world and I am more than excited to see the first stills next year (yes so far!) They will start filming at the end of this year.

Zhao Liying as Chu Qiao: She is a slave trapped in the royal palace for eight years. There, she learned to be be cunning and smart to survive. She later becomes a rebel to go against the whole slavery system. She also first fall in love with the ruler of the Northern Territory before realizing his true personality/lifestyle doesn’t fit hers. She ends up with Yuwen Yue and they live a prosperous life together. (yeah for happy endings!)

Bosco Wong as Yuwen Yue: He is the fourth son/master of the Zhuge house from the Xia Kingdom. Since young he didn’t get much family love, but he is a good kid at heart. He looks cold from the outside, but is actually warm. He has a lot of country pride. *spoiler* By the end of the story, he decides to give up on the possibility to rule to the world by chosing to live with Chuo Qiao insteed.

10 thoughts on “Zhao Liying and Bosco Wong Casted for Queen of no.11 agent

1. Lizzie says:

Was always ambivalent towards Bosco during his TVB days but I quite enjoyed his interpretation of Detective Dee and his recent turn in DTLY. Looking forward to this as a ZLY fan!

I am really not familiar with him, but he looks like a very mature actor. Hope he will have good chemistry with Liying cause gosh, that story sounds good!

2. Ann says:

Bosco Wong is a bit of a surprise. He looks much older than Li Ying, hopefully they cast someone younger/younger-looking as the prince. Excited for this project though. I think ZLY does well with pretty much any male lead so it’s all good🙂

When I read the synopsis, I thought of Liu Shishi first because she would look great in such role. But of course, Liying does all her roles perfectly so I will never complain about her casting choices :3
      Bosco Wong does look older, but I guess it fits with the story.

• Ann says:

I read that the author of 11 Chu Te Gong Huang Fei handpicked ZLY (liked her even before she was chosen to be Hua Qian Gu/thought she was the ideal person to play HQG). It’s kinda random how she was chosen by the authors of Hua Qian Gu, now this + also Eastern Palace (really hoping she will sign on for the movie + collaborate with Yang Yang – always thought they would looked like a pair :P). I haven’t read the book, so he could be the best choice :”)

3. Wuxialovers says:

I wonder if this project is still on as the post seemed to be getting a little old. Haven’t heard anything new? I was really looking forward to see her in new and exciting projects with new male leads……

• I wonder too! There had been so many months since the casting news so something must had went wrong with the production team. We will have to wait for Liying to finish filming Zhu Xian to see if she will move on to this drama or not…😛