Yun Zhong Ge vs Hua Qian Gu Fanwars ON!

Haha. Joke. Let’s not take this title too seriously. The reason I wrote it like this is because currently, a lot of people are putting Zhao Liying against Angelababy. The dramas at sake are: Hua Qian Gu, Yun Zhong Ge and Legend of Zu.

People are having a fun time comparing the prospect of watching either Angelababy’s Yun Zhong Ge or Zhao Liying’s Legend of Zu. Since both are period dramas that will star idols, I guess it is understandable they feel like comparing the two. I find this funny because people are all forgetting about the male leads. I just want to remind the world that keuf keuf Angelababy and William Chan dated in the past. So, can we say it is also the battle between the past two lovers? Well, they remained good friends so this is going to be a … friendly competition!😛

23 24 25 26 27

Zhao Liying will actually appear on Yun Zhong Ge and she is also promoting the drama online. So, in my opinion, the media created war is totally useless. Angelababy and Zhao Liying are actually friends (watch Liying’s appearance on Run Brother Season 1 as proof!)

8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

I watched the first episodes of Yun Zhong Ge and it is all very pretty. I think it is the kind of drama all family would love since it is palace drama, with a lot of pretty people, idols, centered on both romance and plotting. Quiet nice. Angelababy is so pretty in all the scenes. I am not fond of the costumes a 100%, but I think it is definitely going to get better. Yang Rong is also killing her role so far. Lu Yi is also doing well ^^ I have a bit of difficulty to love Chen Xiao’s character because I KNOW he is going to turn bad real soon, so I am trying to keep my distance…😛 Here are some stills from the first few episodes:

8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Furthermore, a LOT of Hua Qian Gu netizen fans are right now cursing Hunan and Mango TV like crazy because they are mad that Hua Qian Gu was cut so much during the last few episodes. Apparently, the ratings of Yun Zhong Ge is suffering a little bit because fans are protesting by NOT watching Yun Zhong Ge on Hunan, even chosing to watch it online instead. Oh well… It is the viewers’ choice! Anyway, rumors says that Hunan finally admit defeat and is going to air the uncut version of Hua Qian Gu tomorrow. We will see if it will indeed happen…

Zhao Liying shares this selfie with a little message saying:

See You tomorrow! #CelebrationHuaQianGu

Talking about Hua Qian Gu, the cast had a blast celebrating the success that Hua Qian Gu turned out to be for the summer 2015. They had a press conference and a dinner. Pictures are gorgeous so I am going to show them. I love the way Bai Zihua and Hua Qian Gu are interacting with their ‘mother’, the author Fresh Guo Guo. Turns out Wallace Huo kissed Guo Guo in front of everyone, to respect his promise/bet to her (if they have amazing ratings, he will kiss her!!) Ma Ke once said that the cast had a group chat together on weibo, so I definitely believe the interactions on screen is geniune. They must really love each other (all the casting members).

10 11 12

Video here: !!!

15  17  19

UPDATE about the numbers (sorry I missed that at first):

The drama Hua Qian Gu was celebrating their big achievement. They had the highest rating at 3.89%, with an average of 2.2%. It also had accumulated a total of 6.8 billion through online search. Good job!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1411

32 thoughts on “Yun Zhong Ge vs Hua Qian Gu Fanwars ON!

1. coffeenlucia says:

I checked my weibo last night and yep, the fanwar is pretty intense. There’s also been a dating rumor sorta passing around on weibo between ZLY and WH… I personally think it’s unfounded, lol.

Haha. A lot of people are alluring to these rumors so… if does happen, I will just be ‘ I knew it already’ spirit! xD Anyway, I gave up on shipping actors together since they all seem to date between them without caring about the ships… :’D
      Fanwars are so intense it is a bit funny. Haha, Hunan, don’t underestimate the power of your viewers!

Liked by 4 people

xD Ok, Patrick! Yeah, a lot of fanwars. I feel like Hua Qian Gu fans remind me strangely of the kpop fans (not sure if it is a good thing or not though…)

• O__o how did that happen? Never really expect that to happen since I thought the C-ent scene is generally more actor-based than idol-based (so fans are a bit more on the docile side). Personally, I enjoyed HQG, but my enjoyment is about the same for most other fantasy wuxia drama.😄

Is there any reason why there are more fans raving about HQG (than other c-dramas)? Honestly, I find it an interesting phenomenon, especially since I notice that HQG thread over at soompi seems to be one of the most active threads currently.

xD It is the whole Hua Qian Gu phenomenal. Everyone’s watching it (in the Chinese speaking world it seems). I really loved the drama. A lot of my friends watched it (even if they normally don’t check cdramas) without even needing me to recommend it! And when I speak with Chinese people, most of them heard about the drama for sure. It is also everywhere in China and on weibo. As for why it became so huge, I would say good marketing skills all together? It is very addicting. As for why the sudden union and attention online, because they have a common enemy = Hunan. The broadcasting channel cut so much of HQG that the fans are holding a serious grudge against them. On a lot of blogs and websites, people are discussing about the drama (check out Avirtualvoyage and Jaynestar which are both doing recaps and check out Soompi and Spcnet for forum discussions). I find it crazy how much attention Hua Qian Gu got in the everywhere (I don’t remember any other drama excep Bubujingxin a few years back that achieved such fanaddiction results!)

Liked by 2 people

• Ann says:

The more I follow the Huaying, the more I think that they’re not dating. But, who knows… anything can happen (cough cough Chen Xiao and Michelle Chen). Also, is it me or does Ni Man Tian stand really close to Wallace, closer than Liying actually… Idk, but hopefully that’s not real. I thought she was dating Meng Xuan Lang in real life? Also, I don’t know why people seem to target Liying for her looks. I like Angelababy too, but her looks are achieved through extensive surgery. People shouldn’t expect everyone to look that good, it’s not realistic. I mean, jaw slimming surgery is life-threatening and not something Liying would do. So obviously, her round face is what it is. Why do people feel the need to constantly call her names for her looks. It should be more about the acting. Do these fanwars happen often? Why is Liying always in them lately?? She seems to even support Yun Zhung Ge (after all, she’s in it). And I didn’t understand the phenomenon around Hua Qian Gu until I watched it. It’s definitely addictive. I really hope this turns out to be true, and we will see the uncut version. At least the jealous kiss + the full ending (hopefully!)

• coffeenlucia says:

Yeah, the dating rumors between Wallace and Li Ying have been denied. Seems like Man Tian is a bit close to Wallace (hmmm). The fan wars honestly don’t make sense, because even ZLY wrote on her weibo about her cameo part in Yun Zhong Ge. Li Ying is vastly popular nowadays, so it seems like with that popularity comes a lot of hate and backlash from netizens, unfortunately.

Yeah. But the couples always deny at first? (yes, I am very delusional, thank you xD)
        I would never support Man Tian and Zihua getting together. That would be the ultimate combo to kill Qian Gu :’D
        Zhao Liying is so popular right now that she is mentionned for everthing. Hope her popularity may last until her next big project too.

Really? Ohhnn, that is popping my little bubble. Oh well, Wallace Huo had been rumored for dating people like Zhang Xinyu, Yang Zi and Tang Yan so I think it is really hard to imagine his ideal type. Those three girls are all so different. If ever they date, I just hope media will not bombard them. Does it? I would be surprised as I never saw any special bounding scenes between her and Wallace Huo on Happy Camp. Her and the rest of the cast seems to really worship him though.
        Liying gets a lot of hate for having a round face I think, which makes no sense because she is really cute and that feature goes so well with her. As long as she herself is confident with her body, nobody else should bully her for it.
        Hua Qian Gu was really good! I love the second part so much. I don’t care about the uncut version so much though since anyway, I was able to enjoy the show a lot without them. (yeah, I am such a weird fan for not wanting to see that kiss scene..xD)

I just added the info to the article (sorry I forgot about that). It is the number of time Hua Qian Gu was searched online. I am not sure where it comes from officially though (probably just a random number to celebrate over in my opinion because it is impossible to track these kind of data… I think)

2. Jo says:

I don’t really have any good feelings about Journey of Flower left (I ended up finishing it just for the sake of finishing it), but awww, the cast is so cute interacting with one another, especially Wallace kissing the author! lol.

It’s also very weird seeing the cast out of their drama outfits/hairstyles… I only recognized Luo Shiyi and Meng Xuanlang (idk the actors’ names) because of their very unique mouth shapes, and Yun Yin because of his eyes. o___O

I knoww!! So cute. I loved this part of the press conference so much as well as all those cute selfies of the cast together all around the internet. :’D Makes me happy.
      There is also Nie Man Tian, Qing Shui, Mo Yan, the other ‘school brother (?)’ of Bai Zihua. I am not sure who the other two guys are, but they did not turn out looking good on that picture ^^ xD

3. natalie says:

Haha yeah there’s actually not much of a war between fans of Yun Zhong Ge and Hua Qian Gu, more between Hunan and JoF fans lol. I’m annoyed with Hunan for cutting out so much but I didn’t boycott Yun Zhong Ge lol. The actors/actresses in it must have put in a lot of effort and it’s been delayed broadcast for so long and has to take this crap from obsessive fans. I doubt most of them read the book (includes me) but are acting like some sort of expert and going crazy. I also think most of them are hypocrites- they’ve probably all “blacked” Li Ying for her YM insulting yet now are going around “Blacking” Baby and TY. Before they would say she’s rude but now it’s like “she’s straightforward, its cute!”. I personally like Li Ying before Jof from Shan Shan early this year though haha.
    I’m watching YuN Ge for Yang Rong and Chen Xiao and Baby… Originally i hated her but I saw RM and liked her but her acting skills… well it was 2 years ago so she’s probably improved now.

Ok, for some crazy Huo-Zhou shippers- THEY ARE NOT DATING OR EVEN FRIENDS probably only have the rapport as co-stars and work partners. Watch their interviews and their interactions are so awkward and gives off a “fatherly-daughter” feel except without the closeness lol. So it’s probably more like non-romantic typical “teacher-student” feel actually. Wallace is very mature and has old-fashioned thinking and Li Ying is like those cute young schoolgirl feel. Tbh, I didn’t ship them in JoF and only a little at the sexy scenes when Qian Gu got evil lol.

• Ann says:

I won’t lie, I did ship them in HQG. It was something about the way they looked at each other in the eyes. It seemed very real. Also, I saw some of Liying’s interviews and she’s very mature for her age (even back in the day). She looks like a cute schoolgirl, but her attitude is the complete opposite. That’s why I didn’t ship her with Chen Xiao/Zhang Han (also when I was watching these, found out they were both taken). I got the feeling she would like older men, and that marriage was on her mind. She mentions getting herself married quite often, settling down, and her family also has very traditional values. And, Wallace was seen laughing with her at award shows where they weren’t assigned to sit together… but he sat next to her and was whispering to her in photos. There are also pictures of them getting board passes for flights back from whatever. But since they don’t live in the same place (she lives in Beijing, he lives in Taiwan).. people have speculated. Even though I no longer believe they’re actually together, I don’t think people are crazy for believing they are together in real life. They were the only two to take flights back together. And there’s behind the scenes pics of Wallace moving a fan closer to Liying + he stood across from her talking to her in the heat. They also shared a handheld fan on set. Not to mention, there are some other sweet moments captured in behind-the-scenes videos/photos where brushes her hair (when not filming) and sweeps stray/loose hair into place for her. It seems genuine. The only reason I don’t think they’re together is because Liying seems to want to married before 30, but Wallace doesn’t seem to want to get married

Liying is really careful with her words, especially on interviews. I think it is because she knows she can get hate for anything she says. There was a conference yesterday and an interviewer said ZLY wanted to get married this year. ZLY joked back that she never said that 8D cute! Ohhhn, I love your comment because you are sharing so many cute info about Liying nad Wallace’s chemistry together. I want to believe they may be together one day (even if I don’t want to force them) so hearing this makes me feel good..😛 Although I didn’t understand the ship at first, now, I feel like they could fit well together!

• Ann says:

That is cute! I think it’s probably because Liying said she wanted to get married at 28 ideally. But, not exactly this year (2015), just at this age… so next year ;)?? Crossing my fingers that she’s with someone decent. I want to say I will be fine with whoever she likes, but I just want the best for her. Not just anyone, you know? Are you still hoping for Wallace, archidisign? Cause pretty sure the source that exposed Liu Yifei, Michelle Chen will expose her or Tang Yan soon (or I hope so). I think WC+ZLY would be great together, but WC doesn’t seem to want to settle down😦 so let’s pray they’re just denying their relationship to promote their respective dramas coming up!! Sandra Ma + William Chan are both in relationships too, so at least we don’t have to be worried about that!🙂 And yea, I agree. Ignoring is the best option. But since Liying is the only celebrity I really love, it’s quite upsetting. Oh well, guess it’s easy to be mean on the internet. Yea, the shippers are not imagining things🙂 there was/is something there. Wallace always sat next to Liying at meals when filming and when the crew got together too. They are, at least, close. I saw Yun Zhong Ge, it reminds me of Beauty Maker in terms of production. Pretty people, beautiful scenery… but nothing that pulls me in like HQG. Probably won’t watch anymore. William Chan is actually really good-looking, one of the best actors out there… although I am not too familiar with many. But, is he single? I saw that he hasn’t been pictured with his supposed girlfriend for over a year, but not exactly sure what’s going on there. If it’s a complicated relationship, I would think Liying would stay out of that since she’s been cheated on before and know what that feels like. Also, the famous paparazzo, Zhou Wei, that exposed Michelle Chen + Chen Xiao & Liu Yifei + her man publicly stated that MC split up CX and ZLY. So, I mean, I don’t think she would go there. Really, I just want the best person for her whether or not he’s famous. She doesn’t need any more heartache

• natalie says:

The way you’re saying it is making me feel a bit less opposed to that ship but I believe it will never ever sail. I still feel like they’re more like the relationship Nicky Wu and Li Ying had on the set of Shu Mountain as in fatherly-daughter/older-brother kind of thing. Plus Wallace is way more intimate with his other female co-stars e.g. he was pictured linking arms with Michelle Yip (she has a bf now) last year, he and Tang Yan are quite touchy in the BTS of Perfect Couple. And lets not forget how crazy he is with Hu Ge😛

Btw, I am a massive fan/shipper of the TangHuo ship so it’s impossible for me to ship either of them with other people except a little bit with Joe Chen and Wallace (but it’s cos they dated before).

I think some of these “fans” of ZLY are hypocrites- they probably have bashed her before for her bitching about YM and now they’re making her seem like some angel. I like her but I hate how her “fans” are bashing TY and Baby just because Hunan tv messed up her drama doesn’t mean it should extend to other people’s work. I still remember Baby was protective of ZLY on Running Man so they’re obviously friends. Her relationship with CX I believe has been made up all along (CX himself admitted it in an interview) to hype the CP feel and boost their popularity. That’s probably why LY wasn’t so forthcoming and “admitting” to it since it wasn’t real. Notice that was what happened with YM & FSF and both CP were in Yu Zhengs productions. So I think it’s unfair of people to bash CX as a cheater because it wasn’t real and never existed.

• mia says:

dunno about the other ships cause i really only follow zhao liying, but insiders said chen xiao cheated so fans reacted. if liying is happy, thats great but still doesnt change that he cheated. cant care less about him now. i still see zhao liying being bashed all the time.. dont really know what she did to offend these people but i like her. hope that one day, no celeb will get bashed by other celebs fans, its a waste of time

Yeah. I heard those rumors too. But the thing is, if they ever dated, they never revealed it to the public (although it was plain obvious they were a thing back in 2013). So, I feel like I should not judge when there isn’t even a case revealed. Yeah, Zhao Liying is starting again to get bash because of all the shipping (with Wallace Huo and William Chan). Whatever, let them hate. Our girl is just too popular for them to handle😛

Fanwars everywhere 8D Hunan is quiet a big broadcasting site so I am curious as how MUCH impact the HQG fans will be able to inflige to the channel. I don’t like how messy their cutting was and also how they cut a lot of Sha Jiejie’s scenes. Actually, the novel was read by a lot of fans (not sure if they are the netizens who are complaining) since it was really popular back when it was published online. Netizens in China are really mean and are badmouthing any artists who is popular. So just ignore them like I do ^^ It is an indirect praise to the actors for getting popular! I liked Zhao Liying since 2012 but I love her more each year since she always bring out great drama projects!😀
      Oh yeah? I thought Zhao Liying and Wallace Huo were friends? They look like they are close ^^ Maybe not as close as how WH is with Joe Chen or Tang Yan, but they are very cute together and their interactions are very natural (in my eyes that is 8D). I didn’t ship them in the drama because their relationship is just all wrong, but in real life why not… xD

• lia says:

Yeah, as much as I love Li Ying and Wallace together I’m fine with whoever she ends up with..Seeing the Legend of Su and the chemistry between ZLY and William makes me kinda confuse tho lol…don’t know who to ship her with anymore.. >.<

4. lia says:

AHA. Now that you mention it I was one of those protesters! I was soo mad at the cut that I was just going to ditch Yun Ge(all the way even if the cast is really pretty). They better air the cut to TJOF!! YES!

5. Wei says:

Same here guys I am one of the disappointed fans about the cut scenes T_T. By the way if anyone happens to find the uncut scene being air please let me know !! thank you

6. JJ says:

What the hell are those people talking about? Liying is really pretty. Her face and the air surroinding her seems likeable as well. Shes like the only chinese actress who didnt make me cringe when acting as an innocent teenager. Shes just that likeable. When she has her hair up, she looks cute. When she puts her hair down, she looks beautiful and mature.

Anyway, I dont usually watch chinese drama, but darn it tjof. I cant get over bai zihua and hua qian gu. The early episodes are especially addictive. Nearing the end, I got so much frustration but continued watching because damn it, the beautiful bai zihua.

The end is kind of hanging tho.. I want to see whatd happen if qian gu remembers everything.

Yes.😦 Haters online are so mean. But thanks to her great performance in Journey of Flower, she is getting a lot more positive comments now compared to before! Haha, you are just like me. I feel the same way when I see Liying on screen. She like, purifies the air around her? And enlightens everything she touches😛
      Welcome to the Cdrama world! Hope you can find even more that you will enjoy watching.
      Bai Zihua and Hua Qian Gu feels like such a legendary couple. Personally, I loved the ending the most (it was super sad, but well done!!) There is a sequel to the drama called Hua Qian Gu 2015, but I would not recommend watching it since the OTP couple isn’t even in it! xD