Entertainment Update: Ex-Files 2, Rouge, OMG, Three World

Another entertainment update since we didn’t write many articles in the past weeks and some new stills were releases and there are some news to catch on. ^^

First, we have the drama Rouge starring Zhao Liying and Lu Yi.😛 They released a really badass poster as well as some new stills. Enjoy! *_*

Second, we had new Legend of a Nine Tails Fox cast releasing their headshot. xD This remind me of Liu Shishi’s project a long time ago where she played a fox spirit falling in love with a mortal human. Oh gosh, I feel so ready for some easy for the soul ancient legend drama.

Next is some big news, guess who got casted for Three World Three Lives Ten Miles of Peach Blossom? It is not Hu Ge, it is not Li Yifeng… but Yang Yang!!

Talking about casting news, Chanyeol from EXO and Yuan Shanshan are going to star in a new movie; 所以,我和黑粉结婚了 (aka “So, I Married My Hater”). Similarly, Krystal from f(x) and Lay from EXO are going to star in the movie “飞燕” (aka “Elope”) .

More stills for Li Yifeng and Zhou Dongyu’s Sparrow:

Here is a poster of Zhang Han in the movie Rise of a Tomboy. I believe we never shared it before, so redemption time!

Legend of Mi Yue, or the sequel to Zhen Huan Zhuan will be airing by the end of this year. The cast and the story is very similar to ZHZ and Sun Li will once again play the lead role of smart ass trap in the palace. Ada Choi said in an interview she was disappointed she can’tparticipate in the project due to scheduling conflict. Awwn. Here are some Chibi posters of the cast.

The drama Three Heroes and Five Gallants starring Chen Xiao, Zheng Shuang and Yang Yikuan released some posters to ‘celebrate’ that they got a release date. This drama was filmed in 2014 and you can expect it to air for February 2016! Hourra!

1 2 3

The new drama Tai Chi Master starring Kevin Cheng and Tang Yixin released new stills:

Drama Let’s Get Married starring real life couple Yuan Hong and Zhang Xinyi got released:

The movie Oh My God starring Zhang Yixing (Lay from kpop group EXO), Mo Han, Lu Mijia, and Chen Mo had more pictures released:

The other movie where Lay had a cameo in, Ex-Files 2 also released some new stills. This movie starring Zheng Kai and Amber Guo also went on Happy Camp last week. It was a fun one and I strongly recommend everyone to watch it😛

Here is also a photoshoot of the glorious OTP:

We have here a photoshoot of Yang Rong. She is currently on the drama Yun Zhong Ge, playing the female antagonist. Apparently, the drama is not doing very well ratings wise. Is it really because the HQG fans are boycotting the drama or is it because of the poor directing of Yu Zheng?

Yang Rong is currently filming Flying Daggers with Hawick Lau.

Another girl with the surname Yang, I am talking about Yang Zi! She is beautiful and a great actress so let’s see when she will hit a jackpot with her roles. She is definitely back on the acting track with so many projects coming up. If I am not wrong, she is signed under the same agency as Wallace Huo. I still remember her cute Xia Xue on the show Home with Kids (Chinese sitcom).

On a totally trivial sidenote, did you know Yang Mi and Hu Ge finally started following each other on weibo? Yop! The Chinese Paladin 3 OTP fans are going crazy in happiness at this BIG news! xD I wonder why did it take such a long time for both of them to clic on the follow button. Talking about Yang Mi, it seems she will be starring in the drama version of Three World Three Lives, Ten Miles of Cherry Blossom.

Legend of Zu will start releasing episodes again! Part 2 on! Although I didn’t follow the first ten episodes yet because of studyiiing!!😦

Sidenote 3, Zheng Shuang. She definitely had a great year for 2015 as she got casted in great projects and became one of the hottest drama actress in China. However, recently, pictures of her on the scene of Just One Smile is Very Alluring showed just how skinny she is (she is supposedly only 44 kg). I found the pictures kind of scary. With past PS and now unhealthy weight, I think she has some body image problem and should definitely reach out professional help. Hope she finds strength and confidence!

Final sidenote, did you know Zhao Liying, Ma Ke and Wang Kai all knew each other a long time ago (aka before they became famous)? Yes! They were all signed under Huayi brother. Although I don’t know if they were friends back then, it is still interesting. This definitely shows us that all three of them didn’t get fame easily and it took them years of hard work to get to where they are now. I applaud that! ^^

Those pictures came back to relevence recently and made the hotlines on weibo. Also, Wang Kai is a classmate of Zhang Han and graduated on the same year. Of course, Zhang Han got luckier and shot to stardom immediately with his drama with Zheng Shuang, Meteor Shower.

1 2 3 4

17 thoughts on “Entertainment Update: Ex-Files 2, Rouge, OMG, Three World

1. I’m so exited about Three Lives Peach Blossom!!!Liu Yi Fei and Yang Yang wow!! The movie must be impressive. And drama version of Three Lives with Yangmi is awesome news, maybe we will see Hu Ge as Ye Hua, I hope.

I think if fans wouldn’t boycotting Yun Zhong Ge it would have bad ratings anyway. Plot is so dull that Sound of the Desert looks like masterpiece in comparison with YZG. Or maybe I was anticipating to much from this show.

• L says:

So happy about the casting for the movie of 3l3w but the drama with yangmi…? I don’t know.. Not a big fan of her…oh wells guess I’ll only be tuning in onto the movie with yang yang and LYF. 😞

xD Liu Yifei is the definition of a goddess and with Yang Yang, we are guaranteed A++ visuals 8D And it is a really big project too, so I hope the production team will put the extra effort to make this a masterpiece!
      I personally didn’t feel the pairing of Yang Mi and Hu Ge in CP3. I think Yang Mi has better chemistry with Feng Shaofeng and with Li Yifeng instead.😛 But with HG+YM suddenly following each other on weibo, I am expecting a collaboration soon!
      Yeah, I was excited for YZG too, but my interest for it was dropping every week… and now, I don’t even bother skipping through the episodes. It is too bad that the sequels for BBJX (SofD and YZG) are both doing so poorly rating wise, especially when the story was well written.

• L says:

I’d be happier if it was the reverse with yang yang and LYF as leads for the drama and yangmi can be for the movie that way I can get to watch yang yang and LYF a little bit longer and don’t need to watch the movie with Yangmi..sigh…😩

• Cat says:

Thank you! Such a detailed post with so much news! Excited about flying daggers and 3l3w movie. Great cast.

Is the drama series casting confirmed confirmed for 3l3w?

The drama confirmed for Mark Zhao and Yang Mi as the leads. :S It is so weird because it feels so reversed! Yang Mi and Mark Zhao get really got box-office in the movies department and Yang Yang and Liu Yifei have great fanbase in dramaland… I wish they could reverse the casting news…

• Cat says:

Meh. Ditto. I asked cause I was hoping the drama casting was a rumor. Miscast. Not a fan of casting for both drama leads. I was one that believed that Vic should’ve received the award and not Mark for Black & White. And cause of that, everytime I hear about Mark, I think of Mark’s dad trying to pull Vic up from the seat to have him go on stage with Mark when he was named best actor. Meh.

Haha. Same. Justice for Vic!! I didn’t Mark’s dad did that to Vic though. Poor him, must had been a really annoying and awkward moment for him.
        And I am so waiting for LYF’s big return to the small screen. I fear that when she will get married, she will have no time for drama filming😥

• Cat says:

But yes. It would’ve been better if casting was reversed. Besides having YY and LYG for xx episodes would be more screen time for us to go *swoon*

2. HJ says:

In September, I still read that producers choices are between Eddie Peng and Feng ShaoFeng. Hmmm.. YangYang and LiuYiFei? interesting combination….Btw, drama version of Three World Three Lives Ten Miles of Peach Blossom leads are YangMi and Mark Chao.

Lay and Krystal are also doing a C-drama together that starts filming around March, after their dance movie together. It’s SM co-produced and invested drama. Krystal is confirmed for sure because they played her greeting message at the presscon which was few days ago. Lay is rumoured to be confirmed, but most likely treu….
    Right now, both Lay and Krystal fandoms are extremely unhappy with this news. Baidu tieba bar for krystal..if anyone mentions about this drama, that post gets erased immediately. Both Chinese and Korean fans are keeping quiet about this drama news. Each fandom thinks they deserve a better partner and is demanding the production team. And on top of that, it’s SM drama….so no one is excited.

• HJ says:

because only movie is confirmed “officially.” There are press con pictures on weibo. you can search yourself. At the presscon, because this is Sm co-produced and invested, Kangta (who is one of the executive director ppl of SM) attended to introduce the drama. I wish I can attach pictures on comment section…. cuz I have the pics.

• HJ says:

毕业季 is the drama name. Right now, I am already seeing Lay fans trending hashtag #张艺兴不要拍 毕业季 # on weibo which means “Zhang YiXing, do not film 毕业季”.

http://weibo.com/u/1900569180#1446233885697 You can check out this weibo. The weibo owner is CEO of Chinese production company of 毕业季. On her weibo, the very top video post is Krystal’s greeting message. She says herself that she will be participating in their drama next year.

http://i.imgur.com/qyxEiv3.jpg Here. This was the picture taken at the presscon.
        http://i.imgur.com/HAYGfQ5.jpg And this is picture of Kangta at the presscon. People said he came to introduce the drama himself since SM is participating in production.

3. It never occurred to me that Wang Kai and Zhang Han graduated from the same drama school, let alone from the same class! No offense to Zhang Han’s fans, but I always picture him as more of an idol than actor. Wang Kai, on the other hand, has always been portrayed as a rather serious actor. And of course, the story about Jin Dong being harsh and critical towards Wang Kai in shooting location because he wanted to keep the reputation of their school is everywhere. So yeah, you can see where I was coming from🙂.

Haha. I know! It is so interesting to see entertainers having connections from long time ago! I think that Zhang Han mostly choses idol acting projects such as Meteor Shower and Queen of SOP. Plus, since he was on the first season of Divas Hit the Road, he really has a Flower boy image. I actually don’t remember seeing any of Wang Kai’s project before, but from the image he is giving right now, he seems really serious about his acting. He is receiving a lot of love everywhere and I want to be part of the fangirls :3 Will definitely try the drama soon. I also want to check him out in next year’s Ode to Joy.
      What happened with Jin Dong? I don’t really follow the NIF cast interactions sadly so I don’t understand the reference xD