Entertainment Update: Zhu Xian, Ice Fantasy, Idol Dramas

704_1782912_574507Happy Thursday everyone! For everyone at school, it is going to be finals season very soon and I hope we are all going to survive the next life or death month! This week, a lot of new stills for movies and dramas!

First, let’s catch up on some casting news. Best Beauty 思美人 has already an amazing casting, but here is another one! We mentionned that the TFBoys‘ name were attached to this drama. While, it is now confirmed that it is the member Yi Yang Qian Xi!

Talking about the TFBoys, they are starring in another drama that we didn’t talk that much about: Zhu Xian. All three teenagers are set to star in this super hyped drama. Based on a video game, it tells the story of . Here are the character posters of some of the main characters (Zhang Luyi, Che Xiao, Xiong Najin, and Wei Wei):

The posters of the TFBoys:

Furthermore, on the last Entertainment Update, we announced the casting of Yang Zi in the upcoming fantasy drama Zhu Xian (Legend of Shu). Well, here are some pictures of her in character:

More BTS from Just a Smile is Alluring with Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang:

Legend of Qin (more commonly known as Qin’s Moon) is a xianxia drama by Tangren based on a video game of the same name. Check the trailer here. It stars Michelle Chen, Sun Yizhou, and many new faces:

Drama Ice Fantasy hold a press conference recently with their ‘beloved’ producer Guo Jingming. It seems like Victoria Song was unable to attend, but we can see Feng Shaofeng, Ma Tianyu, Zhang Meng and the rest of the cast.

New trailer for The Gods:

New drama First Love with Hawick Lau, Guli Nezha and Sun Yizhou.

New movie Kill Time starring Angelababy is set to premier on Valentine’s Day in 2016. Here is the first batch of stills:

Li Xiaolu and Jiang Yiyan are going to star in the movie The Vanishing Murderer together. Here are some stills of Jiang Yiyan:

Drama Hot Girl with Ma Ke and Dili Reba released some new stills for the drama release at the beginning of next year:

It has been announced Gardenia (Forever Young) and Left Ear are both going to be adapted into dramas. Well, guess which movie is the next one to be adapted into drama? 20 Once Again (which starred Luhan in 2014)!  I have watched the movie and feel a little skeptical  about this news since the storyline was extremely simple. What do you think? It will star Elvis Han and Hu Bingqing.

bbb188fbgw1exgs881no6j20zk0nqju8

Talking about this kind of dramas, here are some more pictures from drama Left Ear:

Since we already covered Left Ear and 20 Again, why not talk about So Young (movie directed by Zhao Wei to also be turn into drama)? The good news is this one stars Ma Ke ^^… They released more stills recently so here you go:

Some pictures from Kris Wu‘s movie Summer Tears in Paradise:

Some more stills for Du Lala 2! with Ariel Lin, Bolin Chen, and Vic Zhou:

Our girl’s next big project with William Chan and Zhang Yixing (Lay). Hope she will get a bigger role than just cameo :3

Beautiful photo shoot of Zhao Liying:

14 thoughts on “Entertainment Update: Zhu Xian, Ice Fantasy, Idol Dramas

1. Zhu Xian? Isn’t that drama will be with Li Yi Feng and Angelababy I even seen some posters with them ? oO
    I want watch Legend of Qin, but Michelle Chen and Hu Binqing in it kind of bothering me. Especially Michelle Chen, I can’t forgive her how she ruined Xiaolongu’s character lol I hope she improved her acting skills.
    The Gods is strange, I don’t feel anything divine after watching trailer.

It is! We forgot to mention it in the article. Zhu Xian will star the TFBoys, Angelababy AND Li Yifeng… I am probably going to write an official article for the drama when the character posters of LYF and AB comes out since it is a huge deal in China ^^… Legend of Qin has a really good story line and since I like Sun Yizhou’s acting, I may check it out.

2. HJ says:

Vic arrived at night T.T so she missed the press day….On her first day back to Ice Fantasy filming, the production crew had a nice big dinner with everyone. And Vic gave the new f(x) album to everyone. It was nice to see other actors posting pics on weibo. lmao FengShaoFeng purposely only took Vic pics from the album and posted on weibo lmao that was sweet and thoughtful of him lol Btw, I think ShenZhiNing, the scriptwriter for Ice Fantasy, is a serious Vic fan lmaooooo she posts sooooo many pics of Vic on her weibo🙂 Overall, I think the relationship between the actors is very good. I hope they carry this good energy and hope the drama will be a hit with soaring popularity next summer hehe. Here are some pics from the crew dinner:

OMG…. you managed to put pictures in a comment *impressed*… Victoria is so pretty here, but she looks kind of tired though… I am excited for them to all go on variety show together😀

3. hagu says:

In my opinion Liying play as cameo not because she hasn’t other drama offering, ZLY lately just to busy already this year. Her schedule already full booked, in early December she will start shooting new movie with Aaron Kwok, and another reality show in Jiangsu TV called Your Voice, plus she get more endorsement, so our girl is really busy. I heard ZLY got offering in many drama project but she still not confirm yet maybe caused her busy schedule.

You are totally right! I didn’t cover it on the blog, but she is really receiving a lot a lot of advertisement/sponsorship offers so, even if she is not filming a drama, she is quiet busy!
      Your Voice? Is that a singing show? Aww, I love her, but I don’t think she is cut for variety shows unless there are people she is close with in the cast.

4. archidisign says:

Left Ear and So Young both looks promising! I hope they are light hearted dramas because I would love to watch some cute students fall in love :3

5. ssmileforlife says:

I’m looking forward to watch ‘The Gods’ and ‘Summer Tears in Paradise’. I really liked the trailer of The Gods. Looks good. Also I like Shin Woo-chul’s works. I have to wait next year. I really want to watch with English subtitle. I really like this page. I think there are a few admins in the page. I created WP account. I would like to post more comments.🙂

I want to try The Gods too! Although I am worried because based on the trailer, they seem to have changed a lot from the original mythological story (yes, I take my Chinese myths very seriously😛 ). I don’t know who Shin Woo-chul is, but “Summer Tears in Paradise” looks very promising indeed!

• ssmileforlife says:

Shin Woo-chul is a director. (A Gentleman’s Dignity”, “Secret Garden” , ”Gu Family Book”) Director of The Gods is Shin Woo-chul😉 I really like his works. Han Geng, Wu Yifan and Joo Won… This boys are my favorite. So I’m so happy to watch them in the same movie. It will be a sad story but I can’t wait to watch ”Summer Tears in Paradise”🙂

Hey! So glad you like our page (it actually made me smile so much 8D) Yep, we are two admins and it is always fun to reply to comments. I also think Summer Tears in Paradise look good (actually, all of Kris’s future projects look really neat)😛

6. HuaYing shipper says:

I saw on Youku that somebody posted yesterday that she has been confirmed to play BI YAO in Zhu Xian instead of Angelababy. It appears that she too confirmed this on 22nd Dec so this news is quite recent and appear to be valid. Yeah Li Ying!!! Go girl🙂

Hehe, quick note: I love your name😉
      Really? But Angelababy also confirmed her particpation in the drama this week! So we have all three girls as potential Bi Yao? This actually sounds a bit confusing😛 Since I am not familiar with the story, I don’t know who is more suited to play who. At least now, we are sure Yang Zi will have a very important role to play in the drama!