Entertainment Update: Chinese Hero, Monkey King 2, Casting Rumors

9a6e7e87gw1ez0lxuk38bj20qo0f040w

A new and short entertainment update just because I want to release these gorgeous pictures of Yoona a little faster ^^… There were a lot of fresh sudden news today!

Interesting and unexpected. Yu Zheng Production just announced they are working on Legend of Lu Zhen 2. The drama was a huge hit in 2013 and was what pushed Zhao Liying and Chen Xiao to stardom. This sequel is supposed to be based on the novel 最後的王公 The Last Kingdom and will have some war companents during the Sui Southern and Northern Dynasties. It is aiming for 40 episodes and the rumored director is Gao Xixi. I don’t think neither Zhao Liying nor Chen Xiao should do it though, as their last two performances in Yumama’s projects were all messy (ROCH and YZG).

New drama adaptation of a novel. This time, the novel is 如果蝸牛有愛情 What If a Snail Falls in Love. Anyone a fan of the book? (Edit: the good English translation for the novel title seems to be When a Snail Loves. Thanks to @flayfuldesigns for correcting me😛 It is aiming for 30 episodes and Wang Kai as lead…).

Another interesting adaptation: novel 鏡花緣 Flowers in the Mirror will also have its live-action version!  Shanghai Television Media Co., Ltd. and Zhejiang Dongyang Hengdian studios are working on it together. It should start filming next February and it is (ambitiously) aiming for a 2016 end of the year release…

Yang Mi and Wallace Huo will (maybe) have a movie together. It is called Deadly Countdown 致命倒数. I am not a 100% the source is reliable since the actors themselves did not share the news and the casting did not make the headlines yet… This could mean their first reunion six years after the success that was Chinese Paladin 3.

As mentionned previously, Madame White Snake (also known as Legend of White Snake Maiden) is rumored to have a new adaptation. This is a great classic in Chinese/ TVB dramaland so I hope no one will butcher it. Li Chen or William Chan is rumored to play the male protagonist, even though let’s be real, that character is really boring (as boring as Tang Seng’s role in Journey to the West in my opinion) so getting casted for that role isn’t very exciting… We are more curious on the female lead casting! :P

Nine Old Gates released first official Behind The Scenes pictures starring William Chan, Zhang Yixing and Zhao Liying. William Chan looks as handsome as always ^_^

Great news! Go Fighting Season 2 will be back with the same cast! Oh yeah! Huang Lei posted the news on his weibo and was afterward confirmed by Sina. They will start filming again in January. I am happy for them as I love the show, but I feel like they should at least wait for the movie to come out before restarting filming so fast.

Talking about it, they released some new extra posters of the cast for the movie:

More stills for Beautiful Secret starring Victoria Song and Peter Ho (seriously, this needs to be released!):

New stills for drama A Detective Housewife starring the real life couple Li Xiaolu and Jia Nailiang. The drama is aiming for a January 2016 release.

Some more gorgeous picture of Im Yoona for Chinese Hero:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Also, Yoona recently filmed a MV with Li Yifeng called Please Contact Me:

Movie The Monkey King 2 starring Feng Shaofeng, Aaron Kwok, and Xiao Shenyang released more posters of the main quatrio:

704_1804413_111573 - Copy

Detective Chinatown starring Wang Baoqiang and Chen Sicheng also released some stills:

704_1805380_627603

You know a drama is overdoing the promotion when they barely started filming and already have a hundred posters! xD Or if even the decorative objects gets their own posters! Here are some of them for Zhu Xian, the others will also be added to the main article😉

Finally, gossip news discussion:

• Chen He, one of the main lead of the Ipartment series and part of the main cast of Run Brother has officially announced his relationship with Zhang Zixuan (costar in Fleet of Time in which both cameo-ed in 2014). The news is receiving a lot of (extremely) harsh comments from the cnetizens, since she is known to be have been his lover. It is a known fact that he cheated on his college sweetheart, with whom he has been dating for more than seven years and eventually got married, to be with Zhang Zixuan.
  • My opinion: I must side with the cnetizens as I am disapproving this relationship. However, I find it a little sad how everyone is directing their hate on the female side of this relationship, especially since Chen He should be the one getting the hate. In addition, as a fan of Run Brother, this makes Chen He less fun to watch on the show. What do you guys think?

25 thoughts on “Entertainment Update: Chinese Hero, Monkey King 2, Casting Rumors

1. “如果蝸牛有愛情 What If a Snail Falls in Love”?? Is that the novel by Ding Mo??? I’m currently following/reading a translation project “When a Snail Loves” by Ding Mo. If that’s the same book, I am soooo looking forward to it.

Thankies for this updates~

• Oh, thankies for the info. I’m not familiar with this Wang Kai (actor). The first thought that came to my mind is the fictional character with the very same name from “Wife, Come Home With Me (Flash Marriage)” by Jiu Xiao Qi. Hahaha.

So I went ahead to research the said actor. He’s actually in “Love Me, if You Dare” (another book by Ding Mo). Hmm~ I wonder if he can portray Ji Bai wholesomely.. Ji Bai is rather quite a character in the book.

I am not sure if Wang Kai can portray a good Ji Bai as I never read the novel, but he is definetely a great actor and rising star. He was also in Nivana in Fire which is great and really put him under the spotlight (apparently since I still didn’t watch it)! His casting for this project will definitely bring in the attention of all his fangirls.😉

He plays a rather honest and straight forward character in LMIYD, so this would definitely be a challenge for him, hope he does a good job😛

oups! thanks for noticing the wrong translation. When a project doesn’t have an English name yet, I just translate the title as it is into something gramatically correct😛 Just changed it!

2. Yea, I really don’t get the hate on the female side and it seems to be the case in general whenever these kind of scandals happen. Chen He used to be my favourite on Run Brother (& also, I enjoyed watching his character a lot on ipartment), but now he’s meh to me. =/

Approved😦 He is funny on Run Brother but this scandal makes me think he is not great of a person and his performance is less enjoyable. Like I don’t hate him, but I like him less…

I actually hope Yumama will not film Lu Zhen 2, it would be an insult to the first one. And Chen He is also receiving a lot of hate. However, I doubt it will impact his career as much as it would towards ZZX. Pretty sure he will continue to appear on Ipartment, RB, and movies, but each time ZZX will have a new project, people will talk about the scandal since she is less famous (and is a female)😦

3. archidisign says:

Yu Zheng tries so hard to revive his past success. Poor him, he had a really bad year (Yun Zhong Ge, Return of the Condor Heroes and even Ban Shu Legend all had mediocre response). Now, his only “hit of the year 2016” is like… writting the short drama segment for a variety show aka Run For Time.😄
    What a harsh reality check. Hope this makes him realize he needs to consider the viewer more next time he comes up with a new project.

• cyndi says:

actually, Ban shu legend surprisingly had rather good responses in general. i was pleasantly surprised whilst watching it tbh. seen a lot of upvoted comments and even on tieba on how it was by far Yu zheng’s best drama produced thus far esp in terms of consistency, development, dialogues, and even being better and cleaner than HQG and Luzhen. but i think that’s because the drama is written by the same screenwriter as Luzhen and YZ had no creative input for the drama. lol.

Really? It is good you are telling me that because I was sure it failed as a drama. It barely got any promotion or attention online.:/ The trailers looked good, but a bit too comical for me so I still didn’t check it out yet. maybe I will give it a try when I have some free time then ^^

Oh really? I remember finding some episodes on Youtube a while back :S Thanks for the link😉 will try the first few episodes during Christmas break I hope!

4. Let William rest, please, he caste so many projects lately lol
    I have already watched all possible adaptation of white snake, waiting how they are going to amaze me.
    OMG I’m laughing at badass Sun Wukong. Aarons cocky personality popped up. It’s not that wonder monkey which was in first movie!

5. HJ says:

Chen He and Zhang ZiXuan were both married when they first met and then cheated on their respective spouses to be together. I disapprove of them too. Chen He isn’t getting bashed as much (or at least it seems that way online cuz maybe his company helping him out…?) because 1) he is Huayi Brothers artist. 2) he is nephew of famous director Chen KaiGe. As much I don’t want to see him everywhere, he will still get good project offers.

For Monkey King2, it’s actually Aaron Kwok, not Sun HongLei.
    What I need is project news for Victoria T. T I’ve heard that she already signed another drama for next year but I need official news T.T

Woah! I don’t follow ZZX, so I had no idea she was married too… they are kind of reckless in their actions. Good point! Maybe his company is deleting all articles that ruin CH’s career. Just wait for three more days and we will get Victoria back on the small screen ^^ And keep me in the loop, I didn’t know Victoria is signing for something new! (fixed the names.. T^T Thanks again…)

6. Autumn says:

Yoona and Li Yi Feng look so cute together!

And Im rlly looking forward to God of War aswell😀
    But Im following the blog from koala as well and she said a few times the drama isnt good and cneitiziens dont like it as well O.O! Is that true?

It is difficult to say since the drama is not out yet, so how can we know if it is good? Yoona does look a little out of place in the trailer (her yellow dress is shining on the field while everyone else is covered in dirt and blood) and I think Koala is right to say this drama is not historically accurate. Also, Yoona does not have a Chinese face so for some viewers, she may look a little strange in the drama (I personally think she looks beautiful!). I have saw dramas with the same features in the past (Legend of Condor Heroes for example) and I really loved them. On weibo, people are anticipating the drama because of Yoona but they don’t have a high expectation from the drama as a whole :’D … The only problem I have is the casting of Lin Gengxin, since I am indifferent to his acting but don’t worry… you are not the only one anticipating it!

Well, nobody can say a drama is not good if it didn’t even air yet! Just based on the stills, for sure, the quality is far from some others like Zhen Huan Zhuan😉 I feel like it is really your classic period idol drama and they filmed it so fast last year that I am not sure if the storyline will be well developped😦 I would still watch it because the actors are all eye candies and Lin Gengxin is actually a good actor. I wouldn’t worry too much for the ratings either. It is not the most hyped drama to come in 2016, but there is definitely a fanbase already on weibo.

• Autumn says:

Thx to the both of you for sharing your thoughts!

I just heard, that the dramas “The Imperial Doctress” and “Legend of Zu” will have the same time slot, so I kinda worried about “God of War” beeing thought of badly before the broadcast, Cause in comaprinson it has the weakest cast. Like I know my Liu Shi Shi and Zhao Li Ying will do well❤! I'm hyped for their dramas as well xD

But reading your comments really eased my worries! Thx🙂