Entertainment Update: Zhao Liying Projects, Chang Ge Xin, Run for Love

Doesn’t she look gorgeous? Click on the article to see more of Zhao Liying ^^ ps; this entertainment update is super long…

Bad news, we can do and say all we want. Zhao Liying is confirmed to play as the female lead Bi Yao for Zhu Xian. Based on multiple news outlet, it is already a signed and nothing can be changed anymore. Don’t know how she finds the time to chose this project, but  I just hope she knows what she is getting herself into… [edit: I think it is quiet official now, but of course, knowing the Zhu Xian staff, we can never confirm until the release of the, hum, trailer…]

n

More posters for the Legend of Zu, which will be released (again) on January 16th:

They also held a press conference this week.

Oh, and since we are on ZLY’s projects, her movie Days of Our Own (which wasn’t released as expected in summer 2015) is now aiming for a May 2016 release.

May

More posters for Chronicles of Life with Zheng Shuang and Hawick Lau, to be released on February 1st, 2016.

I am surprised to see this following news: there will be a drama adaptation of the manhua Chang Ge Xing. I am surprised because I always thought that was exactly what .. Ruby Lin and Yuan Hong’s drama is about. Confused @_@ Anyway, the project is annonced and we should hear about casting soon enough.

Chang Ge Xin

Talking about it, here are some more character posters and stills of Singing All Along with Ruby Lin and Yuan Hong.

New drama Kai Feng Legend 開封府傳奇 with Huang Wei De, Zhang Meng, Gan Tingting, Jing Chao, Zhao Wenxuan, Qi Kui, and Ji Chen.

Mores stills for movie Mermaid with Deng Chao.

Movie Run for Love released more stills. The project to have way too many storyline, but I love the cast (Zhang Ziyi, Tong Liya, Eddie Peng, Zhou Dongyu, Michelle Chen, Momo Wu):

Movie Kill Time starring Angelababy and Ethan Ruan released more stills:

The Monkey King 2 starring Aaron Kwok, Feng Shaofeng, and Xiao Shenyang held a press conference, been as sassy as ever:

704_1822983_452929

Wallace Huo’s Inside or Outside

Batch of pictures starring Guli Nazha in movie First Love.

Last pictures for A Detective Housewife with Li Xiaolu and Jia Nailiang

Currently, there is a lawsuit between Shenzhen and Jiangsu to stop Jiangsu from using the name 非诚勿扰 If You Are the One for their variety show… If You Are the One is a famous variety show on Shenzhen TV where bachelor’s find their perfect other half (or just TV fame).

Variety Show 最强大脑 Strongest Brain is back on Jiangsu TV. The cast includes Guo Jingming, Tao Jingying, Wei Kunlin and 张召忠开讲.

Luhan is the next superstar to get a Madame Tussaud wax figure! I think it is not as perfect as it could be, what do you think? I say it looks more like a doll, than a wax statue…

704_1823725_342140

Pictures of Viann Zhang on the red carpet. Seriously, it is the best ensemble of this year’s red carpet series: a mix of dress and suitpant.

Finally, here are some pictures of the King and Queen (of weibo)!

Two pictures of Wu Yifan (Kris) looking really daddy like with a super cute kid! ^^

Zhao Liying’s recent photoshoot! She looks good ^^

36 thoughts on “Entertainment Update: Zhao Liying Projects, Chang Ge Xin, Run for Love

1. Hagu says:

In the interview with Sina after microbloging night, the host asked her about the drama project Zhu Xian with Lyf, and Liying Answer she didn’t know and never heard about Zhu Xian project (Fan speculate it’s just rumour spread by tencent to promo that drama). She just reply from LYF statement that she is also looking forward to working together with him in the future. So with is true?? Is it Zly really play in Zhu Xian?? But why Liying said she didn’t know about that. So Complicated

Apparently, there are news confirming the news so who knows. Anyway, I just find the production behind the drama REALLY low now. Like seriously, it took them months of rumor saying it would be Li Yifeng and Angelababy. Afterward, they announced TFBoys and the rest of cast and didn’t stop releasing character stills (like probably a hundred out lah!) Then, back to square one with AB who can’t do it anymore and then rumored to be Yang Zi and finally, they had to put Liying’s name in it. Afterward, they released her name through that shaddy meeting… WTH??? I have decided if Liying doesn’t play in it, I am not watching. If she does play in it, I will skip watch for her part.

2. Hagu says:

That is because the rumour about ZLY will play in Zhu Xian become so blast even become the hot search list in weibo, in the interview after microblogging night the host asked about the rumour, and Liying answer she didn’t know and never heard about Zhu Xian Project. Is it strange? If its really officially Liying or her management should know about this right? That is why some fans speculate tencen use Liying’s name for marketing only..
    I hope Liying will choose the drama she will play wisely. The rumour about agent princess with take shooting around march with WKK and bosco (some people said LYF will play as one of male lead, but still not fix yet) is also spread in weibo before. But if Liying take Zhu Xian I am not sure she have time to shoot princess agent. I prefer she choose this princess agent, the character she will play really good in this drama. I just can pray she will really shooting for this drama after finishing her movie w Aaron 🙏🙏

The thing is, even when the actor/actress denies the casting, it often ends up being true… Maybe she declined then because she didn’t signed the contract yet? With all the articles, I am starting to think it is not just a rumor, but may actually happen soon. I am so annoyed at Tencen (and the Zhu Xian production staff) for doing so much noise marketing.
      Agent Princess still sounds so far away and I didn’t see any news about it recently. Just hope our girl knows what she is doing, because frankly, the fans are worried v_v

• Ann says:

I read somewhere that Princess Agent is supposed to start filming around March while Zhu Xian is supposed to finish filming in March… so it might work out? Truthfully, no matter how bad the production is, since Zhu Xian will likely have Zhao Li Ying and Li Yi Feng, it will get the attention and the support. Although ZLY would have to film Zhu Xian at the same time as the Eternal Waves movie, which would be a lot of work

Maybe:/ But with such a squeezed schedule, I fear the quality will suffer. Zhao Liying herself said in an interview she was disappointed in 2015: she wasn’t able to put her 100% in all her projects due to scheduling conflicts. Zhu Xian story could be intersting, the cast is top with Yang Zi and Zhao Liying, but then… it all became messy.

• Sweetstrawberry says:

Do you have any background on the production company of Zhu Xian/Tencen? Are they a big company and what dramas have they produced? So far they suck big time. I am not too impress looking at the set designs nor the magical weapons etc. I am trying hard to be optimistic, sigh…..

Tencent is a huge company and is behind the QQ.com website. Tencent have a big wiki page so I would say it is a major comapany in china, competing with the superpower Alibaba Group. However, I feel like Tencent is more of a sponsor than the production team behind the drama (as they bought the rights to air the drama on their website). I see that they are also sponsoring Ice Fantasy.
        The real companies working on Zhu Xian is Huan Rui 欢瑞世纪影视传媒股份有限公司. From their baidu page, I see past projects included: Ancient Swords, Palace II, Queen of SOP I&II, MidSummer Clear Day, Painted Skin 2, Lost Tomb. This is interesting because all these projects have big names and were heavily mediatised when produced.

3. Jo says:

It’s official, RED is ZLY’s color, I can’t wait to see Run for Love because I love the cast and you’re right, the wax figure looks more like a doll than a wax of Luhan

Yes totally! My fave costumes of her are in red (followed by white). Most of the time, the wax figure really looks like the person, but Luhan’s… it looks like any male doll that can accompany Barbie. xD

4. OMG I’m tottaly Liying trash. These photo-shoot and promo-pics are hella gorgeous.

I don’t like all this case with Zhu Xian, as I expected earlier crew is very thirsty for pr-ing drama. There are so many speculations around, this drama have to be really good to live up all that.

Xiada’s manga and Ruby’s drama are based on the novel, female leads have different names and stories maybe have some differences.

Liying trash? xD Yop, love that photoshoot too!
      Me neither, I am starting to get annoyed to always have to report on their casting changes… I wish it can just make its mind!
      Oh yeah, then I wonder why they released a new drama adaptation so suddenly. Maybe the story derives a bit afterward? Anyway, just hope Ruby’s drama can get released.

Oh you read it? Do you know what is the difference between the manga and the novel? I know, it feels like the drama is like a few years old now.. I don’t remember seeing an air date for it yet, so I just checked on their baidu page. It says it should be out for June 2016, on the JiangSu channel. Humm, there is still six months until then so anything can change:/

5. Mai says:

If it’s really liying then what happens to yangzi? Are they just gonna kick her out even after dressing her up and releasing her stills? Lol..because if they do then they’re jerks..and if they’re just using liying’s name for promoting their drama then they’re even more bigger of a jerk. Disliking the company who is running it right now. I’ll probably skip this one since they’re pissing me off with their little games unless liying really is the main lead than I’ll give it a try.

Haha, that would be totally mean. Actually, there is technically two female leads in this story. The first one is Bi Yao, which can be played by either Zhao Liying or Angelababy so far. The other lead is Lu Xueqi, played by Yang Zi. I won’t spoil the ending, but both characters are important to the plot😉 And Yangzi is definitely in the cast.
      I feel the same way. Right now, I will give it a try only if Liying plays in it. Else, skip!

6. Mai says:

Don’t like the little games that they’re playing..getting me annoyed. If liying is main lead than what’s gonna happen to yangzi? They just gonna kick her out even after having her dressed up and releasing her stills? Lol because that’s a jerk move..and if they’re just using liying for promoting their drama than thats even worse. Will probably skip this drama because I’m sick of their games..unless liying really is lead then maybe I’ll give it a try.

xD Although LYF never got his character stills released, I am quiet sure he will play the male lead. Zhu Xian’s story is a bit repetitive (classic xianxia drama), but I do agree the story is good and the female characters sound interesting. But still, that media play… ANNOYING

• Hagu says:

Honestly I am looking forward to see Liying working together with Lyf.. If the both of them play in same drama as OTP even the story is not good the rating will still high.. 😁
      And if Liying didn’t play in the Zhu Xian why would I watch that..
      Both Zhao Liying and Li Yi feng already said they didn’t know about the Zhu Xian but let’s us wait for the official announcement..
      Right now I am looking forward for go fighting movies, I like Liying character in this movie.. The look really funny..😍

7. cc says:

As much as I like ruby Lin, known as an A list actress she needs to up her game since all her characters are always the same,smart righteous leading lady who become queen… Go play a villian or something… I’m about to give up on her unless she impress again…. Sorry ruby fan, stone me if y’all want lol….

• Hagu says:

I agree with you.. She is a veteran actress but she always play same character in drama, she should try more character. So basically I never become her fans of her work cause her character in drama look same all the time to me..

She did have a few popular dramas, but I agree: for an A list actress, her projects are mostly.. B-list? She needs more variety of roles. She is a veteran in the business now and should stop playing so safe.

8. Kitty says:

Quite excited for the adaptation of Chang Ge Xing.😀 I stopped reading it last year because I was tired of waiting for monthly updates but it was definitely an interesting manhua. It somewhat reminds me of Hua Xu Yin.

Oh reallyy? Hua Xu Yin was actually really enjoyable to watch (as a drama) so I am curious what Chang Ge Xing will become ^^ I wish more Chinese manhuas could be translated to English.

• Kitty says:

I didn’t really like the drama adaptation of Hua Xu Yin. Kevin Cheng’s blue bangs and hair style was horrid! As much as I like Kevin Cheng (as 8th Prince from BBJX), he just did not fit the role. And I wasn’t too fond of the actress for the female lead either. I feel like the drama adaptation was a major flop with how they transitioned the storyline and character costumes. I liked the novel better even though I only read what was translated. I might give Hua Xu Yin another try though. Lol.

But the reason why I think that Hua Xu Yin and Chang Ge Xin is similar is because of the concept of the story story: princess of a failed country trying to revive their kingdom (or simply survive). I hope the drama adaptation does justice to the Manhua.

Yeah, sadly, the OTP of this drama was the selling point. I watched it for Yuan Hong and Jiang Xin and hence really enjoyed their part. Kevin Chung felt too old to play a guy with blue hair with a very young female lead. Now that you mention it, it is true that HXY and CGX are very similar! I also hope the drama will live up to the manhua (as it is said the manhua is one of the most well received one in China. I wish more manhua could be adapted in dramas..)